What are the dangers of Carbon Monoxide?
One of the greatest dangers of owning a combustion appliance that is malfunctioning is carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas that is produced through the incomplete combustion of carbon based fuels such as coal, gas, oil, smokeless fuel and wood.
Removing these fumes from the living area is one of the main purposes of your chimney and failing to have it maintained on a regular basis is extremely dangerous.
High levels of carbon monoxide in your blood can kill you. However, even low exposure levels can seriously harm you. The main symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure are:-